Sep 6, 2011

this is how God works:

After posting my last entry, I turn to my reading for today. It happens to be Matthew 18:1-5.

At that time the disciples came to Jesus. They asked him, 'Who is the most important person in the kingdom of heaven?'

Jesus called a little child over to him. He had the child stand among them. Jesus said, 'What I'm about to tell you is true. You need to change and become like little children. If you don't, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Anyone who becomes as free of pride as this child is the most important in the kingdom of heaven.

'Anyone who welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.'


I sometimes ask too many questions. Next time I will give my diet coke. There is a huge plus side to living life in difficult parts of the world as a Christian. I see Jesus every day. Sometimes I have to ask, but there is always a moment, a sighting, a feeling of comfort or peace knowing He is here. It's just not always in an obvious way to my western formed mind. He is here and he is teaching.

No comments: