Sep 27, 2011

how deep is his love

The woman who lives in this house lost her husband and two small children in a fire during the election riots in Nairobi a few years back. She herself is severely deformed from the horrific happenings of that day. Her story is too graphic to share, as I can’t seem to get it out of my head and I don’t want to burden others who may also be visual thinkers. However, I do want to share that these horrific stories often, in my experience, come with the same message. She is a blessing in her neighborhood. A blessing to those she works with. A blessing to visitors and strangers whom she meets. A testimony to how deep and great God’s love for us really is. She experienced a living hell and is still living; she praises our God and asks for his blessing on others. The community refers to her as a woman of joy. I am face to face with these stories in real life and I still forget on a daily basis how deep and encompassing God’s love for us is.

No comments: