Sep 3, 2011

airplanes

With the chance of sounding like a spoiled brat...

I very much dislike airplanes. But hear me out, each time I get on one means another goodbye. :(

The excitement of a flying adventure with each take-off has been lost.

I used to be able to close my eyes upon buckling the seat belt and awake after landing - sleeping the entire flight. Now I watch as we gain speed and soar into the clouds...leaving behind my friends and family. This life is getting lonely.

Next week I will embark on yet another airplane. This one will take me to the beach and a week with colleagues from around Africa and international headquarters. I have mixed feelings about this - feels a bit blackmail-ish to hold work meetings and trainings on the beach. However, there is one grand upside to getting in yet another airplane...my friends will also be embarking and this time coming to Kenya! Fabulous. I'm looking forward to lots of stolen girl time and some sweet communion. Hello, Malindi!

No comments: