Sep 4, 2011

home again.


My favorite part of coming home from a trip is cleaning out the refrigerator. Strange, but I get this wonderful satisfaction by throwing away anything moldy or juicy or wilted or anything that is just not mine. With my travels to our country offices being so frequent, my housemates take good care of the apartment, but each trip I find the refrigerator in need of a good cleaning! I also enjoy dumping the contents of my suitcase into the washer and soaking in a nice hot bath myself. Clean off all that good red African dirt.

Last night as I arrived home from Maputo I was greeted with full blossoms of new color throughout the city! The tree in my front yard has turned purple, the tree in my back yard has turned bright orange. Beautiful! If my legs were not up resting from yet another plane ride, I'd take a walk and see what other colors I could find. Maybe tomorrow. :-)

No comments: