Dec 30, 2008

graceful

I went for a run tonight. I was feeling good, confident, graceful. (anyone who has seen me run knows I'm anything but graceful. :-)) but I was feeling good and holding my head high. As I turned the corner off my street and down the side road, I was just about to pass a group of people walking towards me. I smiled, and then I tripped!!! on a GOAT!!! oh the shame. oh the laughter. oh the poor goat! I picked myself up off the ground and kept running, hanging my head a little lower. When I passed the roosters, I thankfully did not run into them. I also passed over the giant potholes without tripping. However I did manage to swallow more than a few flies as I was catching my breath. Mmm...protein! The biggest challenge, aside from the goat tied to the side of the road, is the heat! Even during the last hour of sunlight and a slight breeze, it is still mighty hot. I made salty popcorn for a snack today - thinking that may help ward off dehydration. So far I'm feeling good. I wish I could say the same for the poor goat - on my way back he saw me coming and ran as far as his rope would allow in the opposite direction! :-)

3 comments:

kate said...

oh kristi! i LOVE this story! my running friend. much braver than me.

kristi said...

thanks kate, but I think you are the brave one! raising two amazing boys :-)

Rachel said...

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA