Jan 15, 2009

feliz ano novo!

I finally have a chance to sit and read through some news, my friends blogs, catch up on my emails. My inbox is flooded with disturbing photos of what's happening in Gaza. Pictures no one should ever see. I wish they were created in some sick-o's mind and computer generated to spread evil - but I have a feeling that's not the case. My heart aches. My stomach churns. How do things get so out of control? And how do we stop it? History continues to repeat itself. Each new year comes, we make resolutions, we have good intentions, and we're back to our old habits by Valentine's Day. Is it our fault? Is it human nature? Are we just not programed to change? The thing is, there seems to be a lot of horrible happening; a lot of changes for the worse. This is why I don't keep up with the news or read my emails. :-) Its discouraging. However, reading through my friends blogs I was encouraged. I have some amazing friends doing amazing things around the world. Fighting against the discouragement, the horrifics, the lack of humanity in our actions. There is good being done; we just need to keep fighting for it. And maybe this year we fight a little harder. I'm going to steal a friend's happy new year from her blog (thanks, jill!) - she wishes us all peace in this new year. As do I. May it be a happy one. A one of good cheer. AND a year we STOP the horrifics and start to bring PEACE. May that peace begin with each of us. Feliz Ano Novo! - as we say in Mozambique. :-) May this year be full of blessings we share with one another. Blessings of peace.

"the Lord bless you & keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you
& be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you
& give you peace."

*Numbers 6:24-26

1 comment:

j.Jill said...

anytime kristi...i love reading your blogs.