Nov 10, 2008

random

*There's a man hanging upside down outside my window. He's painting the house. Pink. I don't know why he's upside down...

*I made the mistake of walking past a bakery on my way home today. The smell of fresh bread caught my attention and now my belly would like to explode. :-) I also smothered the delicious homemade bread with some much coveted peanut butter.

*I am housesitting for the next two weeks. There are two orange tabby cats that come with the house that need to be fed. I am not a cat lover, so I closed the door to the bedroom and locked it tight last night. The first night I was here I did not do that and the cat pushed its way in and jumped on me in the middle of the night. I dreamt a repeat of the rooster and awoke panicking that I actually did something to the cat! I hadn't...it was sleeping peacefully at the foot of the bed. :-) But last night, two cats were in the house. I was sleeping soundly until I heard this aweful cry/screech/scream as if one of them was being attacked. The house was locked up so I decided they must be fighting each other. I wasn't getting out of bed to find out! But to my surprise this morning, it was the aggressive cat that actually had new wounds, a patch of missing hair and fresh scratches on its face. The gentle cat would not have done that. I wonder if I should be worried there could be another animal I don't yet know about in the house?! Yikes!

*My fridge is now stocked with fresh fruits and vegetables of all kinds imaginable!

*I am wearing tennis shoes. Those of you who know me, know I hate wearing shoes of any kind other than my comfy sandals. However, it is SO HOT here that the heat has melted my favorite pair of flip flops. There is not an indent, but an actual imprint of my foot on the bed of my sandals!

*The cat food I must hourly dish out is made of some sort of fatty goup and whole sardines. Its kept in a mini fridge - next to the bowl of white chicken feet I am to feed the monsters as a treat! Evidently dry cat food is not enough for African house cats. :-)

*I need to wash my laundry tonight. In a bucket. There are no washing machines. And the house lady doesn't do laundry. That sounded strange to me too...:-)

No comments: