Nov 7, 2008

cock-a-doodle-do

This morning I awoke to the sound of a cock-a-doodle-do outside my window. It was still dark outside. The clock flashed 5am! I willed myself back to sleep and fell into an early morning dream. In my dream, the rooster was again waking me up in the early morning, before I was ready to greet the day. My brother was staying with me. Over our morning cup of coffee, after I complained about the rooster, he asked if I wanted to buy the rooster? Shall he go to the neighbor’s gate and offer them money for the bird? Why on earth would I want to buy such a dreadful creature, I ask?! Ahh…he grins. :-) If I own the rooster, I can do with it whatever I please. I sent him straight away to buy the bird! Andrew came back – holding it by its feet in one hand and its cock-a-doodle-do in the other! We had roasted chicken for lunch and I enjoyed an extra hour of sleep the next morning. :-) Too bad it was just a dream…

No comments: