Feb 17, 2011

mornings

I thought of all my friends in cold places this morning. To awake and go to work you must first grind your teeth against the cold outside of the warm bed blankets, jump into an even colder bathroom, defrost/scrape/dig out your car, and drive to work in overcrowded rush-hour traffic where you sit and try not to get worked up before the day begins. Ok, maybe your morning is not so bleak. I sincerely hope not. But I do remember those days myself. Not too long ago.

This morning I awoke with sunshine pouring in my window, birds singing outside, a warm breeze rustling the treetops. I stepped outside to a beautiful peaceful morning. My walk to the office takes me down a quiet private street lined with lush green and bright flowers, past two primary schools where I listen to children sing, past my friendly taxi driver having his morning chai, and across the main street to the corner fruit and veggie stand just before I am greeted at the office gate. To make you all even more jealous, I am living in one of the finest countries with delicious coffee that is brewed fresh all morning in my office. (It's even java house coffee!) Please, never let me complain!

There is peace this morning. I find joy. And am overwhelmed with the blessings before me; praying they will keep fresh in my mind when the overwhelming work hits full force.

No comments: