Feb 25, 2011

hot, hot, eggs

Friday mornings in the office begin with an all staff devotion time. Followed by an all staff hot breakfast. I like Fridays.

Friday breakfasts have included french toast, samosas, homemade cinnamon rolls, fried eggs on toast, homemade donuts, and today - hard boiled eggs. HOT hard boiled eggs. The tips of my fingers are a bit blistery as I just couldn't wait for that warm, buttery salty breakfast. Mmmm.

I like it here.

Yesterday I thought I was bit by a snake on my walk into work. There was this sharp puncture on my heel that made me jump. My ankle swelled and when I got to the office it was covered in blood. I cleaned it and couldn't find any puncture wounds. Maybe it wasn't a snake bite; maybe just a thorn. And considering I'm alive and very well, I highly doubt my suspicions were true. Too bad, would have made for a great blog story. Then this morning on my walk in, I slipped. On something very slippery. It actually WAS a snake!! Ewe. I wish I had taken a picture, I think it was dead. But since I hate snakes I steadied myself and quickly sprinted away. It was most definitely a snake though. Do they have little green mambas in Nairobi? I don't know. I should find out. It looked like one.

Ok, so the snake has nothing to do with my breakfast eggs this morning. And in spite of the slimy green creature I'd rather not see first thing in my day, I do really like it here. Very much. :-)

No comments: