Jul 26, 2008

questions? answered.

Here are a few questions you may have asked, that I can now answer (in no particular order):

*What side of the road do they drive on? The left.

*What is the weather like? Cooler temps (60-70 F) as it is winter now.

*Is it safe to walk alone in the city? Yes.

*Sunup & Sundown at 6? Yes.

*When do I go to Mutarara? Sept or Oct (possibly :-)).
Note: the location of my exact field station is still being determined!

*What is the food like? Today I ate sukuma wiki, chapatti, chix and potatoes. :-)

*What is the exchange rate? Somewhere around 24 MZM to the $1 USD.

*Are there any bugs? Not yet. :-)

*Are there any creatures? Not yet. :-)

*What language is spoken? Portuguese.

*English? Portuguese. :-)

*How shall I dress? What is appropriate or acceptable? From my observation today, anything goes. :-)

*Where will I live? Currently in a hotel a few blocks from the office. In the field, will possibly be living in a guest house with my own bedroom and ensuite bath.

*How do you get to Mutarara? By air or land? Both. I was happy to hear there are two air strips within reasonable driving distance in the northwest near Tete, and northeast near Zambezi province. By there I will travel by road.

*Will I have internet? Yes!

*Can I receive packages? Most definately, yes! Contact me for an address. :-)

Note: I will add to these as I find the answers!

No comments: