Jul 26, 2008

arrival

Msp - Atl - Dakar - Johannesburg - Maputo!!!

I am in Mozambique!! I have taken a new position working in Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Response with an international non-profit. This year is bound to be an exciting one!!! It is my first full day in Maputo and I am loving being in Africa once again. The red dirt is nostalgic. The sounds and smells unfamiliar and so comforting at the same time. New faces, sharing smiles, childrens laughter, and ululations being called from the streets. A new stamp in my passport. It's amazing when you find yourself in a new place completely different from that which you came and one that you can't wait to learn more of and explore. I'm overwhelmed with this opportunity to be here and to work. It's amazing!! I love it. :-)

1 comment:

shocks said...

Kristi-
How exciting!! What a fun and adventurous life! I can't wait to hear more and see pics!