Apr 11, 2011

prayer request

I'm headed into the Congo in two hours. I am told it is unlike any place I have or will ever go. And that I won't be able to understand it until I am experiencing it first hand. I am intrigued; and I am nervous. A tiny plane will fly us in from Entebbe to Bunia (on the northeastern corner of the DRC if you look on a map). We'll be visiting project sites all week in several different locations. I'm told the geography of it will change - and that I'll miss the rain forest portion of the trip due to my USAID workshop next week. :( Next time.

Please pray for our teams safety as the area can become insecure without much notice; and for good health (as my stomach isn't too keen on motion and I hear little planes do!)

I'm excited for the company and seeing good friends. A girlfriend of mine is there and it will be wonderful to have some girl time. Our fearless leader is also an expert on Congo and has more stories to tell than I could possibly ask for. It should be fun!

1 comment:

shocks said...

Praying for safe travel and a strong stomach! Hope you learn lots!