Jan 30, 2011

a promise.

My dear Ada Joy,

Today is your dedication at church. A dedication of you and Mommy and Daddy, Nana and Papa, Grandma and Grandpa, Auntie Carrie, Auntie Nicole, Uncle Andrew and Auntie Kristi to commit in love and support your life to our family and to God. And all the friends at church who share in their commitment to pray for you and teach you and support you as you grow. We thank God so much for the joy you bring each day - your sweet smile and voice (especially your singing!) You bring so much happiness to us Ada! We love to watch you grow each day and are so excited to see what God has planned for your life. It's going to be fun!

I am sorry I am not there today to celebrate with you and Mommy and Daddy. I wish I could be! But today I am in Kenya (its a very long airplane ride away!) and I want to tell you about my church service this morning. I thought of you. Ada, I cannot wait to show you Africa! I do hope mommy and daddy bring you here to visit soon. Sharing in worship in the African church is one of my favorite things to do. You are going to love it! The singing and dancing is so beautiful, so alive, so contagious! You will love the music so much! I can already see you singing your little heart out and moving to the songs. I think your daddy will really like it also. And you know what? Our God is here too, in Africa, he is working in many hearts and in many homes here - you will see his excitement and love when you meet people. They will smile and welcome you!

There were so many children today - you will have many new friends to play with and run around in the sunshine. It is very pretty here, Ada! It feels like a hot summer day with a nice breeze. Lots of sunshine, bright colored flowers and many green trees. Some of the trees look like they do at home; others look like ones you will see on a beach. But guess what? There is no snow! Only sunshine and warm. It will kiss your little cheeks and nose until they tickle, you will see. And today Auntie Kristi found a new home! It's right behind the church too. When you come to visit, you can have your own room (or you can stay with me in my room so we can catch up on our girl talk!) and on Sunday, we can walk to church together. There is also a pool to splash in when the sun feels too hot!

I celebrate your life today, Ada, with all our family. I love you so much and miss you like crazy each day I am away. But I do not worry, because you have the best parents and they too love you so much and will teach you amazing things. And when you come to Africa, I will teach you things too.  I think you will love Africa just like Auntie Kristi! Your Mommy and Daddy definitely will. I am so excited they are coming! I can't wait to see you again and show you so many beautiful things here.

I send you a big hug and lots of kisses from across the ocean, over the mountains, and all the way from my little home in Kenya. I love you, Ada Joy! And I promise to support and encourage and teach you in the grace and love that Jesus gave us. Please give Mommy and Daddy and Nana and Papa and Auntie Carrie a kiss and hug for me today, ok? I also miss them very much! Maybe you can even convince them to come visit with you. :-)

All my love, my sweet niece,
Auntie Kristi

1 comment:

Amy Evenson said...

I love this!

-your cousin