Sep 9, 2008

motivation

...is a tricky thing when one’s body temperature is high. I’m told there is no “normal” in Mutarara. Everything is to the extreme. Extreme hot. Extreme cold. Extreme wind. Extreme rain. Today it is HOT! And I’m finding it difficult to concentrate on anything. The air is dry and HOT. I awoke to the electricity off. As I approached the office, I was told to look up. The electric pole was on fire! And evidently had been for quite some time. Children gathered on the rocks nearby to watch, while men in orange suits and yellow hard hats stared up in perplexity of what to do next. This was all before 8am...it is now 5p and the new pole is still not up. I am thankful for colleagues who were able to connect a small generator for the office; but by the sound of it, we will be going home early. The sun is about to set. And I have a feeling it is going to be a dark and quiet night by torchlight. :-)

No comments: