Feb 9, 2009

'bob' has been busy...

This past week I have had the privaledge of many new little 'bobs' surprising me! He is multiplying! And quickly. Little baby geckos are now seen scurrying across my floor, ceiling, even crawling out of my bed covers!! The funny thing with this story is that I was commenting on my multiplying geckos to an American friend who also lives in Quelimane - her "bob" (and yes, she actually named her first gecko in her house bob also! 9 months ago!) has also been multiplying. It must be the season.

The really funny bit - she was commenting on the multiplying geckos to our Mozambiquan friend who then asked her a few days later how the "baby crocodiles" in her house were doing! My friend gasped! "There are no baby CROCODILES in my house!!" Her friend continued to insist on the "crocodiles" that she was told about...gecko evidently translates to crocodile in Portuguese, but not back to English!! :-)

1 comment:

kate said...

i guess she is a "roberta"