Oct 24, 2008

waiting

Today was a day of waiting for me. I waited for the driver to pick me from the hotel. He never came. I waited for a taxi. I waited in the US Embassy to get some additional pages in my passport. The security machine broke - I waited for over two hours! The taxi waited. I waited for the irate taxi driver to calm down and bring me to the office. I waited for a meeting that got postponed three times today only to find the person I was waiting for was not prepared and we had to cancel the meeting. I waited while being told how upset my boss was that HE was waiting as well. I waited for my computer to reboot SIX times. I waited for an important phone call. I waited for my lunch to thaw. :-( I waited for the internet to come back to the city. I waited for answers on my HR questions. I waited for my colleagues to understand what I was trying to say. I waited for money from the finance office. None came. I waited for a ride home. I waited for the hotel manager to settle my account. I waited for my dinner. And now I can not wait any longer – I am done waiting for today. Tomorrow will be a new day. Saturday. I hope it comes with a new dose of smiles while I wait. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a very relaxing Saturday...without any waiting!! Have a good Sunday...I'm still working on your package, but I'll let you know when it's been sent. I have to ask you a question about coffee...I was talking to my coworkers and they had an idea about something other than instant. There is a contraption (I can't remember what they called it) that sits on top of your coffee cup and drips in using regular ground coffee. I'm wondering if that might work for you?? I'll ask them on Wednesday more about what it's called. Or could you use a french press?? That way you'd get much better tasting coffee, and it wouldn't have to be instant!